April 2015 Software Updates
We have released a major software update that brings many new features and bug fixes. The update will automatically be applied to your system and no action is required from you. The key updates for this month include, time period reports, device group price scheduling, location specific customer features, receipt improvements and much more.
Time Period Reports
- Can now show all sales with set amount of time, grouped by time period. It means you can compare sales in last 10 weeks, divided by hours, weekdays, months etc.
- For example, grouped by weekdays, we can compare last 10 Fridays vs last 10 Saturdays (to see which weekend day is more profitable, and compare the difference).
- Grouped by hours - you can check if you have had more sales between 19.00 - 20.00, or between 21.00 - 22.00, so you can plan promotions or events accordingly.
Opening Times (API Customers)
- You can now set opening hours. This is not shown anywhere except the Back Office, but it is accessible via API. Therefore you can put this information in your own websites, or integrated external apps.
Device Group Specific Price Schedules (Corporate Module)
- You are now able to set a specific price schedule for device groups. For example, prices can be scheduled differently for vending machine in the lobby (lower prices), and for the Till in the restaurant (higher prices as it needs some effort to deliver it to the table).
Free Multiple Choice Notes Now display on Receipts
- This is disabled by default but can be turned on in the Back Office under Setup > location area receipts. This will simply list all of the FREE multiple choice products on receipt.
Customer Signup Locations (Loyalty Module)
- Customer is assigned location information when created
- When more than one customer with the same swipe card number exists in the system, the one registered in this specific location will be chosen upon swiping the card.
- Location name field is now available when doing customer imports.
Stock Report Changes
For analytic purposes we have added several extra columns to the Stock Changes report:
- Total Cost
- Total Sale Value
- Total Margin
- Order Code
AppStore & API
- Transaction Details are the special set of data usable by external integrated Apps. They store information about collection time, table number and collection codes (authorisation orders made via mobile apps).
- Transaction Details are printed on the Kitchen Order. We are now showing the Transaction Details on Till as well, just below the normal transaction items.
Storing Images in the Database
- Some of our third party integrations are using images and extended descriptions for products. We can now store image URLs and detailed description for products in our database. It is all accessible via API and WebHooks.
- It might also be used in future for our customer-facing Till feature.
- We raised up API limit for API devices from 1000 to 3000 per day.
- End Of Day report is now accessible via API.
- We can now generate End Of Day report for API device only.
- Location area parameter is now accessible via API.
- Product Location Area Price is now accessible via API.
- Third-party developers can now access more details for Apps - total transaction value, tenders, add products in all categories.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Epos Now has helped over 30,000 businesses
Find out more about our award winning product
or call us on
0800 2 945 945